PEF is committed to providing a neutral ground for cross-sector, public discourse on education themes. In 2017, PEF launched the Author Series, a conversation on public education anchored by best-selling authors whose work inspires, engages, and challenges.
PEF is proud to have hosted riveting keynotes and panels, including:
Dr. Sara Goldrick-Rab, author of Paying the Price: College Costs, Financial Aid, and the Betrayal of the American Dream
Sara Goldrick-Rab is Professor of Higher Education Policy & Sociology at Temple University, and Founder of the Wisconsin HOPE Lab, the nation’s only translational research laboratory seeking ways to make college more affordable. At the PEF author event, Dr. Goldrick-Rab was joined by an esteemed panel.
- Dr. Christopher M. Fiorentino, President, West Chester University
- Dr. Donald Generals, President, Community College of Philadelphia
- Dr. Colleen Hanycz, President, La Salle University
- Dr. Craig Westman, Vice Chancellor, Rutgers University – Camden
- Ms. Taleah Clement, Philadelphia Scholar and Temple University Student
David Osborne, New York Times best-selling author of Reinventing America’s Schools
David Osborne is the author or co-author of seven books, one of which was a New York Times best seller. He served as a senior advisor to Vice President Gore in 1993, helping to lead an effort to reform the federal government. Mr. Osborne is currently director of the Progressive Policy Institute’s project on Reinventing America’s Schools.
More than 100 business and civic leaders turned out to engage in the conversation.
- Dr. William Hite, Philadelphia’s Superintendent of Schools
- Kevin Shafer, Chief Innovation Officer for the Camden City School District
- Quibila Divine, Founder of The EARTHs and PARENT POWER