PEF’s Elementary/Middle Afterschool STEM Fellows Program is a professional development series designed for School District of Philadelphia (SDP) elementary and middle school staff. Those who wish to enhance an existing or create a new afterschool program, administer programs, or work directly with students are encouraged to apply. PEF’s McKinney Center for STEM Education will offer hands-on learning, peer support, and an opportunity to complete a practical Capstone Project.
* Equip participants with content knowledge and skillsets to design, administer, and implement afterschool STEM programming.
* Offer program participants a network of peers through which to receive feedback and support.
* Cultivate students’ STEM content knowledge and interest in STEM careers.
* Design original Capstone Projects for an afterschool program using our nuts & bolts template
* 6-weeks on Tuesday nights from October 11 thru November 15. All sessions are virtual.
* For elementary and middle school teachers.
* Compensation by the SDP at the PD rate, a $100 stipend for supplies, a community of practice, online resources, and Act 48 credits.
* Participants must commit to attending all sessions and submit a Capstone Project. There may be some work required out of class time.
Apply by Wednesday, September 28. Space is limited! Contact Shubha Sarode with any questions.