Last Dollar Scholarship
What is the Last Dollar Scholarship?
The Last Dollar Scholarship is a need-based “gap” award for graduates of our high school College Access Program and partner high schools who are enrolled full-time in college. We look at a student’s Expected Family Contribution (as determined by the FAFSA), their college financial aid package total, and the college’s Cost of Attendance. Awards range from $200 to $7,500. Students can reapply each year up to 6 years as long as the student maintains a minimum 2.0 GPA.
Who is eligible for the Last Dollar Scholarship?
Graduating high school seniors in the Philadelphia Education Fund’s College Access Program in the following schools are eligible for scholarships up to $7,500:
- BARTRAM HIGH SCHOOL
- FURNESS HIGH SCHOOL
- KENSINGTON CREATIVE & PERFORMING ARTS HIGH SCHOOL
- OLNEY CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL
- ROXBOROUGH HIGH SCHOOL
Graduating high school seniors at the partner schools listed below may be eligible to receive scholarships up to $5,000 contingent on available funding:
- THOMAS A. EDISON HIGH SCHOOL
- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN HIGH SCHOOL
- KENSINGTON HEALTH SCIENCES ACADEMY
- LANKENAU HIGH SCHOOL
- MASTERY CHARTER AT SIMON GRATZ HIGH SCHOOL
- PARKWAY WEST HIGH SCHOOL
- PAUL ROBESON HIGH SCHOOL
- WILLIAM L. SAYRE HIGH SCHOOL
- STRAWBERRY MANSION HIGH SCHOOL
- WEST PHILADELPHIA HIGH SCHOOL
Northeast High School Students
- Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors who currently receive a Last Dollar Scholarship may re-apply for up to $5,000.
- Rising 1st years: contact your college counselor about new arrangements for the 2020-21 academic year as your application may be ineligible.
“My family has struggled, but the scholarship has given me an opportunity to complete my education and there is nothing greater than that. I can change my situation for myself because of it.”
Kynaisha Cruz, Class of ‘08
Questions? You’ll find more detail about the application and required documents in the application’s FAQS. To contact the Last Dollar Scholarship staff, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215 665 1400 x3338.