June 18, 2020
12:00 pm - 1:15 pm
At the Master Class in Comms 101: The Media and Education, our panel will discuss and debate the media’s impact on students’ understanding of the world around them – from COVID-19 to the upcoming Presidential election, and they’ll be taking your questions LIVE!
- Tamala Edwards, Co-Anchor of 6ABC Action News Mornings and Host of 6ABC’s Inside Story
- Garrett Graff, Former Editor of POLITICO and New York Times Bestselling Author
- Ed Rendell, Former Governor of Pennsylvania and Co-founder, Rendell Center for Civics and Civic Engagement
- Farah Jimenez, Philadelphia Education Fund President & CEO, Moderator
And, our student highlights will remind us that as we struggle with the present, there are bright young futures that can blossom with our support.
STUDENT AWARD WINNERS
- Shining Star: Wenting Dong, Temple University
- Rising Star: Jayson Burgos, Olney Charter High School
- Rising Star: Inya Wyche, Olney Charter High School
Since our area’s high schools and colleges closed, Education Fund staff have re-invented the way they work as college access advisors, STEM teacher and student program managers, and college scholarship mentors. We sincerely thank you for your financial support.